- Regular train services run between Grimsby Town and Lincoln, Scunthorpe, Doncaster and Sheffield.
- There is a taxi rank at the station for those with mobility difficulties. The Assessment Centre is 0.9 miles, an 18 minute walk, from the rail station.
- On foot from the railway station: Upon exiting the station turn left, then left again onto Bethlehem Street.
- Head down Bethlehem Street and take the first left onto Wellowgate, directly opposite Grimsby Minster.
- Follow Wellowgate as it bends round to the right and becomes Brighowgate. Follow this road down to the end, and then turn left onto Bargate.
- Continue ahead for 0.4 miles until you come to the Grimsby Institute on your right.
- If you are taking the bus to the Assessment Centre from Grimsby city centre, the nearest stop will be outside St. Martin's Prep School on Bargate.
- The number 3 bus runs from the Riverhead Exchange (Grimsby's central bus station) to this stop every 12 minutes from Monday to Friday, every 15 minutes on Saturdays, and every 30 minutes on Sundays.
- After disembarking, cross the road and turn left. The Grimsby Institute is only 100 yards down the road.
If approaching from Hull/Doncaster
- Approach Grimsby via the A180 (East).
- Turn off at the junction signposted Great Coates. Continue over two roundabouts, following signs to Great Coates and Grimsby, onto the A1136.
- Take the first exit at the next roundabout and proceed through Great Coates village, crossing another roundabout.
- At the next roundabout, take the second exit onto the B1444 Little Coates Road.
- Take the first exit at the next roundabout onto Cambridge Road, then cross the next roundabout onto Westward Ho.
- Turn right at the end of the road onto the A1243 Bargate. The Grimsby Institute is the second turning on the right.
If approaching from Lincoln
- Approach Grimsby via the A46 (North).
- At the Laceby Road roundabout just outside Grimsby, take the first exit onto the A1243 Bargate.
- After the road bends around to the left, the Grimsby Institute is the first turning on the left.